From time to time, we face mental health challenges larger than we can conquer on our own.
If you or a loved one needs intensive therapy, therapeutic education, or medication management, to help with the struggles of depression, anxiety, bi-polar, PTSD, suicidal thoughts and more, Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital and our team of multi-disciplinary professional are here to provide a helping hand.
Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital welcomes anyone over 18 years of age struggling with mental health distress to take advantage of our patient-centric approach to mental health treatment.
Our comprehensive inpatient psychiatric care aims to assist patients in Bakersfield, CA with managing their crisis at-hand before helping them obtain the tools needed to manage their own unique healing process.
What Does Inpatient Psychiatric Care Entail?
Our two-step holistic program is specially designed to genuinely help patients launch their healing process in a warm therapeutic environment with physician oversight.
- Crisis Phase: Everyone deals with mental health challenges differently. Our focus at this point is on stability and de-escalating the crisis whether it be substance abuse, depression, anxiety, PTSD, dual-diagnosis, or other mental health issues.
- Treatment Phase: After helping patients achieve stability, the real healing begins. We employ Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectic Behavioral Therapy to help patients gain control of their thought process, identify triggers, decrease negative behavior, and enable them to live a healthier life.
Who Should Consider Adult Inpatient Mental Health Treatment?
When we feel under the weather, we visit a doctor to treat our condition. Mental health is no different. If you or a loved one are at least 18 years of age and suffering from symptoms of any of the conditions below, reach out to Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital for a free assessment.
- Suicidal thoughts
- Homicidal thoughts
- Bi-polar disorder
- Substance abuse
Our inpatient adult psychiatric care in Bakersfield, CA also provides safe medical detox for those experiencing dangerous and painful withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opioids.
What Does an Average Day at the Inpatient Mental Health Treatment Center Look Like?
Upon admission, your assigned doctor, therapist, and clinical staff will develop a personalized inpatient mental health treatment program. Although each program varies based on individual needs, an average stay might include any of the following and last about 5 to 7 days.
The following are some of our therapies we offer:
- Group therapy sessions spanning multiple topics
- Meditative yoga
- Mindfulness meditation
- Recreational activity therapy
- Pet therapy
- Music and movement
- One-on-one counseling
- Quiet time for reading, journaling, or inflection
- Family therapy sessions and education
- Medication management
After completing inpatient psychiatric care, our team will coordinate a personalized aftercare program. Depending on your unique situation, aftercare may or may not involve outpatient treatment in Bakersfield, California from our comprehensive and flexible Stepping Stones Program.
How Can I Take Advantage of These Inpatient Psychiatric Care Services in Bakersfield, CA?
We work closely with many insurance companies and doctor referrals are not required. Our friendly intake team in Bakersfield, CA are available 24/7 to provide confidential assistance.