Outpatient Services at Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital provides holistic care for adolescents, young adults, or adults facing substance abuse, a mental health concern, or a dual diagnosis. With our new Stepping Stones program, Individuals aged 13-17 or 18+ will learn how to manage the symptoms of most mental health conditions in an encouraging, therapeutic environment.
The Stepping Stones Outpatient Services program was developed to offer programming that is truly congruent with the needs and expectations of our Bakersfield area community. This structured program addresses common mental health concerns, including:
- Panic Disorder
- Bipolar I & II
- Schizoaffective Disorders
- Chemical Dependency
- Dual Diagnosis
Participants will attend one of two available levels during the day or night as part of our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) or our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for up to 10 weeks. If attending under IOP, individuals will meet three days a week for three hours a day. If part of our PHP cohort, attendants will participate five days a week for four hours a day.
Every participant will enjoy free transportation and meals or snacks during your required meeting time. Adolescents aged 13-17 will receive peer-to-peer tutoring to remain consistent with their school work.
Stepping Stones Program Details
Each attending individual will undergo intensive group therapy while receiving relevant tools and expert guidance they can implement in their home or school environments. Participants will practice stress management, life skills, and medication management tools while learning how to develop their own support systems amongst themselves and their families.
Each level of the program is directed by a team of empathetic mental health professionals, including clinicians, therapists, and doctors.
To review each outpatient program, click here
Who Benefits from the Stepping Stones Program?
This program is beneficial for young adolescents aged 13-17 or adults 18 or older who are currently addressing a mental health concern, substance abuse, or dual diagnosis. The Stepping Stones program focuses on empowering, encouraging, and educating every participant.
The Stepping Stone's program enables us at Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital to deliver accurate services to every participant. Each individual is thoroughly assessed and placed in an encouraging setting that meets all of their mental health needs. Individuals who are providing for themselves, their family, or are in school can still retain their school or work schedules while participating in the program by attending during the day or evening.
Bakersfield Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is dedicated to providing professional and compassionate care that addresses every need of our Stepping Stones participants. Our special team of mental health professionals are directly involved in building and implementing the curriculum of the program. What results is a quality program that excels far beyond simple treatment and speaks to the genuine care each staff member carries for every patient.
Admissions Criteria for the Stepping Stones Program
- Must be between the ages of 13 to 17 or 18 years and older
- Must undergo a diagnostic assessment that indicates an ability to participate in an outpatient program
- Must be and remain committed to outpatient treatment, whether external (court or family-ordered) or internal (personal commitment to change and growth)
- Must experience or be diagnosed with symptoms of substance abuse and/or related mental health concerns, including depression, anxiety, bipolar I & II or more
- Must be available to attend a day or evening session for up to 10 weeks
- The individual's home or school environment or schedules do not interfere with their ability to attend all of their assigned sessions
- The individual does not currently quality for or is not responding to acute hospitalization or inpatient treatment
- The individual currently can secure transportation to or from sessions or will be able to utilize our transportation services
To learn more about our Stepping Stones program, reach out to our staff directly at 1-877-755-4907.